Lagos mechanic defiles neighbour’s eight-year-old daughter

A mechanic, identified simply as Ejike, has been accused of defiling the eight-year-old daughter of his neighbour at his residence on Abule Oke Street, in the Ayobo area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the victim and her mother were at home when the mother, while preparing to get something outside, heard Ejike’s wife calling her daughter to assist her in doing some domestic chores at their flat.

The victim’s mother said she did not oppose her neighbour’s request, adding that her daughter was not just assisting them in doing their domestic chores.

She, however, said things took another turn when she returned and met her daughter crying.

The victim’s mother stated that she asked her daughter why she was crying and she explained to her that Ejike allegedly raped her.

The 34-year-old lady said, “I live in the same compound with Ejike and his wife at Abule Oke in Ayobo in a single room. I went to get something outside but before I left, Ejike’s wife called my daughter to come and help her to wash plates and clean their kitchen.

“I did not object to it because she used to help her to do such household chores and I never thought anything was wrong with that. When I returned, I saw my daughter crying and I asked her what happened.

“At first, she refused to tell me. Later, she told me that Ejike touched her and she even said it was not the first time he would do it. I was mad. She said he initially used to put his finger into her private parts but on that day, he inserted his private parts into her.”

The victim’s mother said the case was reported at the Gowon Estate Police Station and Ejike was arrested, adding that the suspect was subsequently released.

She explained that Ejike and his wife had relocated to an unknown location, adding that the case was transferred to the gender unit of the command.

She said, “After he returned from the police station, the next thing was that he packed out of the area and till now, I have not seen him or his wife. We went to Mirabel Centre at Ikeja and the doctors confirmed that indeed, there was penetration into my daughter’s private parts and that she has been wounded.

“What even now pains me most is that the police officers at Ikeja were even supporting Ejike. They even insulted me. The gender unit told me that the case is closed since I did not come to them. I want justice for my daughter; she cannot walk very well again.”


Narrating her ordeal in the hands of the suspect, the victim accused Ejike of raping her at their apartment, adding that he threatened to kill her if she informed anyone about the illicit action.

She said, “He would put his finger into me (private parts). That day, he put something inside me (private parts). I was crying and when he finished, he said that if I tell anyone, he would kill me.”

The victim’s uncle showed our correspondent the medical report which confirmed that the eight-year-girl was defiled.

The uncle, while demanding justice in the matter, said the victim’s mother informed him about the case, adding that he was not happy with the decision of the police to release the suspect.

“The gender unit released Ejike after two weeks. We want justice for our girl,” he said.

Contacted, Ejike denied the allegations and said the victim’s mother and his wife connived to frame him.

He said, “I did not (do) what I was accused of. What happened was that I have issues with my wife who I did not know had a child before I married her. When I confronted her, she begged me and I forgave her.

“But she is a friend to the victim’s mother and when I quarrelled with her, she told me that she would deal with me. Last year, she was part of the people that said I raped that girl.

She has run away from my house. She packed all my property and went away with my two children. I spent two weeks in a police cell at Ikeja. They just want to ruin me.”

Contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Benjamine Hundeyin, said Ejike was released because the victim’s mother, when asked to get the medical report of the incident, did not return with the medical report.

Hundeyin said, “Indeed, it was reported and the police swung into action. However, she was told to do a medical report which the police would use as evidence on the matter but she just went away with the child and after the man had been in detention for over a month and nothing was heard from the woman, he was released. But since there’s a medical report now, it will be handled.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WAEC Extends Death Line For WAEC GCE 2020 Registration

Ray Stevenson, actor in 'Thor,' 'RRR' and 'Ahsoka,' dies at 58

23-year-old man commits suicide in Lagos

Police arrest suspected kidnappers of Alao-Ala's farm supervisor and others

Elton John farewell tour ends after years of 'pure joy'